We’ve been working with the Longview Museum of Fine Arts for over 20 years. LMFA continues to grow, evolve and serve as a source of artistic inspiration and education for East Texans of all ages.
The Longview Museum of Fine Arts was begun by the Junior Service League of Longview in 1958, and held its first yearly Invitational Exhibit in 1959. In 1970, a Museum charter was issued by the State of Texas and the League’s collection was place on permanent loan. The Museum has been located in five different locations since 1958. The present location on Tyler Street was renovated in 1997.
LMFA has a permanent collection of over 700 paintings, etchings, woodcuts, photographs, works on paper, lithographs, serigraphs, collages and pieces of sculpture. Works from contemporary regional artists (Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana) are the primary sources for the collection. The museum strives to exhibit the “best of the best” in order to share works with members and visitors, making Longview a better place to live and visit, and the museum a jewel in the eyes of the community.